Monday, March 25, 2013

Multi-Step Word Problems Ready!!!!!

Finally...
                 I
                    am
                          SO EXCITED
                                                    to have this set of word problems finished!

Not only can I not wait to get into the classroom this week and get these babies printed off to use the first day we come back from break, I am SUPER DUPER excited to share these with you! This is the first product I have made by purchasing a set of clip art and I love the way it turned out. (So, now I think I will be addicted to buying clipart to make snazzier goods for my class and other teachers!)


Teach your students how to solve multi-step word problems with these 10 problems from "School Supply Central." The 10 math problems in this set require students to think through the problem solving process. These problems mainly require students to multiply and divide whole numbers and interpret remainders, but other concepts are also embedded. If you require students to write equations for the problems, you are also incorporating the Algebra standards. (Common Core Alignment: 4.OA.3, 4.OA.4, 5.NBT.2, 5.NBT.5, and 5.NBT.6)

These problems would be a good challenge for 4th graders, designed for 5th graders, and would provide challenge to most 6th grade students still learning to analyze word problems.***These problems were modeled after NC EOG released items and other state's released testing problems but can be used at any time of the year*** (Like this problem I talked about earlier today) Click on over to check out my School Supply Central problem set.


Now, while I was working on this product, I knew I also had to revamp my "problem solving process" so that I can teach how to solve these problems when we return from break AND I wanted to create a new product for linking up with All Things Upper Elementary.

And was born (or re-born), the problem solving graphic organizer:
 I also included step-by-step explanations of the graphic organizer that you can use with your students (pull up on the smartboard, go through the comments to explain the 4 parts of the problem solving sequence).

I feel like this product took forevah-eva to get ready, but it's all those finishing touches that we must do before we upload! Hope you LOVE LOVE LOVE it, and I hope you can use the freebie! (PS: If you purchase the multistep problem solving task cards, the problem solving steps graphic organizer is included in the download).


Thanks for stopping by!
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...